Project Coordinator: Dr S Belouettar
Dr Salim Belouettar (SB) is the head of the Design and Durability research group at Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST), Luxembourg. SB research work includes the development and validation of reliable models and efficient simulation tools to describe and understand engineered complex non-linear behaviours, on a wide range of spatial and temporal scales, with an emphasis on advanced composite materials and structures. During his career, SB collaborated with many world leading industries such as AIRBUS, Thales Alenia space, the European Space Agency, etc. In the last 15 years, SB has been awarded a number of research grants from national and international funding agencies and has coordinated two EC-funded projects.
Indicators and Metrics:
- Published more about 200 journal papers (H.index: 32).
- SB is Member of the Editorial Board of Composite Structures. Elsevier.
- Selected for China’s High-end Foreign Expert. 1000 Talent Plan of Foreign Expert.
- Adjunct Professor at the Faculty of Engineering, University of Wuhan, China.
- Full Member of the Scientific Council of the ENIM (Engineering School of Metz), France.
- Expert for the evaluation of the ELIPS Research Program (Life and Physical Science for Space) of the European Space Agency.
- Member of the European delegation of the India-Europe thematic discussions on Computational Material Science and Engineering.
- Coordinated of an FP6 STREP Project (highly competitive call). CASSEM: Composites and Adaptive Structures: Simulation, Experimentation and Modelling. Luxembourgish representative for European Science Foundation (ESF): Physical and Engineering Sciences (PESC).
- Elected member of the CORE Group of PESC at European Science Foundation.
- General Chairman of the European Conference Series Demeass on Smart Structures since 2007.
- Reviewer for 15 ISI journals (average of 20 papers reviewed a year).
- Reviewer for European Science Foundation (2008-2012).
- External examiner for PhD theses (Universities of of Lorraine, Paris-East, Paris-west, Charajah- Emirates, Strasbourg, IIT Kampur-India, etc.
- Promotion referee for the American University of Charajah, Emirates.
- Honorary reviewer for Slovenian, Romanian, Czech national and Estonian national research funding organisation since 2006.
- Member of the Scientific Council of the doctoral school of Mathematics and Engineering Sciences; University of Strasbourg (2006-2009). R
- apporteur for the European Science Foundation conferences and workshops.
The COMPOSELECTOR consortium members (academia and industries) are carrying out high impact research in computational materials science and material design and processing. The project partners are renowned for their expertise and practical developments in the field of multiple discrete and continuum materials models (UniTS, INSA, LIST, POLITO) and multiphysics modelling of composites (POLITO, LIST, CTU) and model integration framework (CTU) while technology providers have a leading experience in material selection and decision support systems (GRANTA), materials modelling (e-Xstream, LIST), virtual manufacturing (ESI), multi-field simulation and multidisciplinary design optimisation and business decision support (ESTECO), data search technology, data analysis tools and visual analytics (ESTECO, LIST, GRANTA), material manufacturer (Dow) as well as end-user (AIRBUS). The composition of the COMPOSELECTOR consortium is an ideal blend of academic and industrial realities, belonging to six different European countries. As such, the project will ultimately deliver not only high-quality scientific knowledge in terms of modelling and simulation tools for composite material selection, but will also produce the first, versatile and powerful European software platform for decision-making in the design and production of PMCs developed in tight conjunction with the relevant, interested industrial players.